Hospital Disinfectant page content
Vital Oxide is a Fast and Effective Way to Kill Viruses, Bacteria, and Mold That Cause Healthcare Associated Infections.
Healthcare associated infections (HAIs) are the number four cause of death in the United States, exceeding the combined mortality of breast cancer, AIDS, and traffic accidents. In a 2008 article, the editor of the New England Journal of Medicine estimated that hospital acquired infections add an average of $15,000 to the cost of care which puts a total cost of infections in the U.S. around $40 billion a year. This cost in addition to the suffering caused with more than 2 million infections a year is over 150,000 deaths and millions of extra days spent in the hospital.
VITAL OXIDE, an EPA-registered hospital disinfectant, cleans, disinfects, and deodorizes hard, nonporous hospital and medical surfaces in one step with no rinsing required.
VITAL OXIDE is a one step germicidal disinfectant cleaner and deodorant designed for general cleaning, and disinfecting of hard, nonporous inanimate surfaces, when use-directions for disinfection are followed. Removes dirt, grime, fungus, mold, food residue, blood and other organic matter commonly found in hospitals and in health care facilities. It also eliminates odors leaving restroom surfaces smelling clean and fresh. Use where odors are a problem. This product may be used to pre-clean or decontaminate critical or semi-critical medical devices prior to sterilization of high level disinfection.
CLEANING PROCEDURES: Blood and other body fluids must be thoroughly cleaned from surfaces and objects before application of this product.
Read The Nashville General Hospital Study - Acinetobacter
"The fogging of patient rooms of Acinetobacter infected patients with chlorine dioxide at discharge implemented at our hospital led to significant reductions in AcinetobacterHAI rates without the need for intrusive and costly additional interventions."