Is Your Chimney Leaking Carbon Monoxide Into Your Home?

chimneyWith all the snow storms and blizzards the Northern States are currently enduring, our fireplaces and heating systems are working on overtime. Yes, it is important to stay warm throughout the winter months but we must be careful not to accidentally gas poison our families. Something people don’t realize is all that work our chimneys put into keeping us warm, produces a byproduct gas called carbon monoxide. The sad truth is that without regular maintenance and care, your chimney could cause you a lot of harm. Research shows that approximately 200 people in the U.S. die every year from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by problems in their ventilation systems. In addition to that more than 10,000 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning go undiagnosed because the symptoms mimic the common winter fatigue. Continue reading